What, again?

Monday, January 28, 2008

So here we are again kids, another day, another upcoming primary, and the political pundits, prognosticators, 'conventional wisdom' and the poll taking folks are at it again...Rudy Giuliani is tanking, Gov. Romney and Sen. McCain are 'neck and neck' in this horse race.

I am slowly despising of this presidential election cycle. It has been far too long, far too boring, and far too grating on my nerves, but like a train wreck you know is going to happen, you cannot, for some perverse reason, avert your eyes.

The one candidate that actually espoused conservative principals in my eyes was Fred Thompson, but his run for the presidency was, in no small part, derailed by the main stream media, with their frequent opinions about Fred not having a 'fire in the belly', being 'lazy', not really 'wanting the presidency', etc. It was reported ad nauseum, which I believe, greatly assisted his demise. Now trust me, I am a realist. Fred's campaign did not take off with a bang from a shotgun, but more of a pop from a popgun.

But I digress. This is the longest race for the office of president that I can ever recall, and quite frankly, I am bored of it.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP