Tomorrow, July 9, 2008...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008



A young girl, 4 days shy of her 13th birthday, will not be celebrating her birthday on July 12th.

Instead, she will be eulogized.

A birthday party celebrating the fact that she will be a teenager will not be forthcoming...

Instead, she will be eulogized.

Turning 13, a 'mile stone' in her life will never be realized.

Instead, she will be eulogized.

Talking on the phone hours on end, as teenage girls are notorious for, will never happen.

Instead, she will be eulogized.

The school girl giddiness anticipating Friday night school dances will never happen.

Instead, she will be eulogized.

The gift of a promise ring from a nervous boyfriend will never happen.

Instead, she will eulogized.

The promise of a young girl, who loved her cat, "Lily", her dog, "Scruffy", and was a Girl Scout, has been silenced.

I will not write of my thoughts regarding those who caused her death, I will save that for another post, but rather, I wish to offer Brooke these words of solace and comfort, as she sits at the right hand of God.



Rest in Peace, Brooke.

3 comments:

Anonymous July 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

Goth,
I am truly grieving with this family and her loved ones. I as many did prayed for her safe return and it was unfortunate. I was crushed when I saw it first reported how they found her. I know you feel likewise. That rendition of the Lord's Prayer is magnificent.

LLoyd

Gothguy July 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

LLoyd,

Thank you for those kind words...

I too was crushed when I heard the news.

You are a good man, LLoyd.

Goth

Anonymous July 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Heartbreaking.

e~C

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP