Stupid, Rude People...

Monday, August 18, 2008



I really, really despise rude, stupid people, especially those who act like the world should revolve around them.

Every Saturday, I run errands, such as grocery shopping up the dry cleaning, etc. This past Saturday was most annoying, to say the least, since I only needed to pick up a few items. I was in the dairy isle to get some creamer for my room-mate with about five other customers, and there was a lady, I'd say about mid to late 40s, flower top, linen skirt, and birkenstocks with socks, with two little kids, standing right in front of the dairy isle, digging through the milk, I would venture to say, looking for milk with the latest expiration date.

Normally, I'll wait patiently for the other customer to grab what they need, but this woman was being completely ignorant of the other people around her, and needless to say, her kids acting like brats. The kids were grabbing crap out of the shopping cart, demanding to eat whatever they had in their mits, playing with the 1/2 dozen toys they had, generally making a nuisance of themselves, and Mom just digging and digging.

Finally, Mom stops digging and puts the milk in the cart, looks around at the other five people, doesn't even apologize to anyone, as one would do as a normal courtesy, and leaves.

I don't know about you, but that drives me batshit crazy. When I am in the grocery store, or any other store for that matter, I try my best to be courteous to the other patrons, saying 'excuse me' as I pass in front of them, getting the item off the shelf as soon as possible, etc. I do this because my Mom and Dad raised me right, and it is just common sense.

1 comments:

Melissa "Darla" In Texas August 18, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I had the grave misfortune of putting off my shopping until Saturday, which happened to be the Tax-Free weekend here in Texas!
AAAAAGHHHH!
At least it sounds like your rude bi*ch spoke English!
It sounded like the Tower of Babel where I was!
Hug,
MITX

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP