Sadness...

Monday, September 15, 2008



My Dearest Bug,

It is impossible for me to describe the plethora of emotions I am experiencing at the moment. Although you and I have only been room-mates, and strictly platonic friends, the thought of you moving brings pain to my soul and an ache to my heart.

I can vividly recall the first time we met...you a vibrant 19 year old woman, me, a grouchy 39 year old man, curmudgeonly and skeptical...

Who knew that we would become friends, and later on, room-mates?

Bug, you have brought out the best in me, and for that, I am ever thankful. You taught me that not every thing in life is a negative, and I shouldn't view life in that way. You taught me to turn a negative into a positive, no matter what the negative was, even if I thought you were being foolish and idealistic. Sometimes I was right in my view, sometimes not.

You brought 'youth' back to me in a delightful way, especially when I would explain to you the differences in politics, and how it can make a direct difference in your life. At the time, your idealism baffled me, all the while my fervent conservatism confounded you...but we survived as both friends and room-mates...and I think it has made us better friends:)

Painfully, I remember the times you would cry and be besides yourself in a emotional turmoil because a certain 'unnamed asshole' would wreak havoc on you...simply because he could, and wanted to. I hated the turmoil he created for you, and although I may have or may not have had mentioned it to you, I despise him to this day, for he did the most unforgivable sin in my book against you...he hurt you. I will always hold that against him, or anyone else that hurts you.

As much as it pains me to admit, and as much as I bitch and complain about it, I will miss you leaving clothes and shoes all over the place, to include leaving a sports bra on top of the oven (I STILL cannot figure that one out)...I will miss you for leaving your clothes heaped high in a pile, a pile that ants would be proud of...don't ask me why...:)

I will miss you for 'stealing' my socks, towels, coffee cups, etc., oh, and you insisting on watching your TV programs when I am trying to watch mine...all the while hearing you, demanding that I turn the channel or turn down the volume to accommodate you!

But I digress...

I will miss you for the simple fact of who you are Bug, the trials, tribulations, sense of humor, that I have experienced over the years with you.

God Speed Bug on your new adventure, and as we used to say in the Navy..."Fair Winds and Smooth Sailing."

But please remember one thing...

You still have the keys to the house...

I remain, with all my love and admiration,

ME

1 comments:

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

That was lovely.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP