Who Is Sarah Palin?

Friday, September 5, 2008



Many of us are.

Am I Sarah Pahlin? No, not in the literal sense, as I am a Father, not a Mother. I was in a similar situation as Governor Palin is in now. Granted, I am not running for the Vice Presidency of The United States, nor have I ever held an elective office, nor have I ever been held up to the merciless lies, smears, and scrutiny as Governor Palin has...

But in essence, I am Sarah Palin.

You see, 10 years ago, I received a phone call from my 16 year old daughter. After the usual platitudes were exchanged, I heard the words no parent really wants to hear from their daughter..."Dad, I really need to talk to you, are you sitting down..." I distinctively knew exactly what my daughter was going to say next, and my instincts and gut reactions were both correct.

My 16 year old daughter was pregnant.

Initially, as a Father, my mind raced with thoughts of really, really taking the young man out to the woodshed for a physical lesson of 'keeping it in your pants' (as my Dad always told me), yelling at her for being so stupid for getting pregnant at such a young age, especially after having numerous discussions with her about contraception and abstinence, for as a Father, it was both my duty and responsibility to educate her.

Was I upset about this news? Damn straight I was! Did I want to lash out in anger at her? Damn straight I did! But I knew, that at that time, the last thing she needed was for her Father to turn his back on her, and shut her out...during that moment in time, during that conservation, she needed her Dad.

I asked her what she was going to do, what her plans were. She told me, simply and succinctly 'Well Dad, I am not getting an abortion, that is out of the question.'

I am proud of her 'choice.'

The reason I am posting this very personal narrative is because I am disgusted at the way Governor Palin and her daughter, Bristol, are being treated. It is disgraceful and unwarranted.

The left and their acolytes in the media simply adore these stories, for it gives them fodder to fuel the leftist fire that conservatives are hypocrites, and that liberals are not. But, the leftist libtards fail to understand a few items in this equation...

We view life in the womb as that...life...it is not some piece of tissue that can be disposed of without regret.

We view the birth of a baby as a renewal of life...an event to celebrate and rejoice in...a sign of God's Blessing upon Us.

A life in the womb is a soul. God, forgive those that forget that.

7 comments:

Anonymous September 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

GG,

A birth is exactly that. New life, a legacy. Some seek a monument, or a building that bears their name. Not us. We seek to instill our values in our kids. That is our legacy.

Anonymous September 5, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Now a healthy ten year old I hope?
Thank's for telling us that Frank.
Ozaob

Anonymous September 5, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

GG - Excellent post. Anyone who cares about life knows what you saw is true.

Anonymous September 5, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

Goth,
You're a living testimony to a Father that really loved his daughter enough to open your arms and say "Come". Though I have no children, working in a ministry as I did I heard and experienced quite a few stories.

The thoughts that ran through your mind were not unlike those I had heard. The tough part was that it happened. The best part was that the daughter was helped and the baby was bought to term.

And I could well understand how you feel about what this propaganda/marxist/commie media has done for the demon-crat party.

If there was ever a election cycle that exposed the true evil eneny we have living in this country, and in our HOuse and Senate no less, it is this one.

The backlash should show up this cycle of knocking out any of them from the House and Senate and in 2010 to get rid of more of them as we will have two geat years of leadership under McC and Palin.

Then people will begin to turn off thier TVs and zone these Lame Stream Media out of their lives. It has been THE worse.

Great job Goth. Give your daughter a hug for me that she kept the baby and here's a big handshake and embrace of respect to you from me!
LLoyd

Anonymous September 6, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

How lucky your daughter is to have you for a Dad, your love for your daughter shines through and it's obvious that you have raised a kind and loving woman with compassion and values and emotions and morals, one who is able to stand straight and tall and proud of her family.

You did the right thing in the right way, and I know you don't need me to tell you that but I'm going to say it anyway.

Anonymous September 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Thank you for sharing about this.
I am truly honored to know you. You are an such a good Dad and your daughter will always remember how you handled what happened.

It always means a lot to me when I hear these things because I am adopted and a young woman once years ago gave me a chance at life. I was blessed to be able to live and she could have chosen not to let me live. She then put me up for adoption and God blessed me a second time to give me a wonderful family. So twice within weeks of my life I was blessed.

She went on to marry several years later and has her own family now.

Two lives that only met once but will be attached forever and mine with gratitude.

Gothguy September 6, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

Thank you, one and all. You are truly good and honorable folks.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP