A Labor of Love...

Saturday, May 9, 2009







combined with 6, 7, 8, 9, beers or more, sore knees, an aching back...but so well worth the effort!

Originally, my front yard looked like this:



I had the Yews removed from in front of the house, along with the old gas lamp that hadn't worked in probably 30-40 years, which will help out both for the health of my lawn, and my gas bill, because unbeknown to me, the gas line leading from the house to the old gas lamp had leaks in it, which was killing portions of my lawn, which is why you can see a dirt path from the lamp towards the front of the house in the last picture.

Anyhow, I am pleased with the work thus far, and am amply pleased that I was able to dig the hole for the flag pole (12x22) without hiring someone to do it for me. I did have to pace myself and not over do it like I did a weekend ago or so.

5 comments:

Elvis May 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Nice work. The wife unit tries to get me to do stuff like that. Fortunately the force is strong with me, and I am able to resist.

Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Good job.

By coincidence, my identical gas lamp rusted through and fell over a couple months ago. I never cared for the gas light. I cut it off at the meter a couple years ago.

We have very mature hollies around the house that I hate but the wife likes them for the privacy. Our house is 1958 vintage which means stuff is failing time to time these days.

Gothguy May 10, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Billy Ray,

Mine is vintage 1955, and so far, nothing major has gone wrong (knock on wood)!

DammitWomann May 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Nice present for the Mrs!

gregor May 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

nice job.
my house was built in 1841. stuff occasionally doesn't fall apart...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP