Do Not Remain Silent...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009



I was talking to a very conservative friend of mine at work today and of course our topic of conversation was the current state of affairs of America, and the present administration. During the course of our talk, he told me that basically he feels like throwing up his hands at times, and just say 'screw it, they are gonna do what they want to do.'

That statement got me to thinking...that is exactly what they want us to do! They want us to be silent, to be apathetic, to be uninvolved, so they can shove their agenda down our throats with little to no resistence from the hoi polloi.

If you think about it, they are very clever about this tactic. The relentless messages of impending doom if this program or that program is not enacted is designed to over whelm the American Public into the belief that a greater expansion of the federal government is needed to overcome these problems.

Now is not the time (nor should it ever be) to remain silent and apathetic, but to be vigorous in voicing our opposition to this unparalleled expansion of federal authority over the every day aspects of our lives.

We cannot afford to be silent!

2 comments:

DammitWomann June 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Excellent Point!!

Anonymous June 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

My wife is constantly shushing me in public for voicing my opinion. She works in an almost all black middle school. Sad to think she can't be entitled to her own opinion.

As a 6'1" 200 lb. Marine, I'll be dipped in shit before anybody tells me I can't speak my mind.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP