A Serious Question For My Friends...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009



So, I have been thinking about this for a long time, that is, doing a prearranged funeral. To me, it makes as much sense as having an updated will and a living will, because it alleviates your loved ones from agonizing and emotionally charged decisions at a time when they least need it.

So, have any of my readers ever done this? What are the pros and cons if you have? Have you ever contemplated doing this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous July 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

June 29, 1999, my dad murdered my mother and I had to pay cash for the funeral since the insurance wouldn't pay until he was actually convicted.

The major part of the whole deal is the casket. If you can "live with" cremation, you are able to dodge the major cost element. You can still have a funeral, bury the urn and still erect a headstone.

My Mother's brother wanted a casket so we did so but it was expensive.

You can also donate organs and cremate the shell or donate the whole body and still have a funeral. It's all about what you chose to do with the body.

DammitWomann July 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

I think the pre-planning and paying in advance is the smartest way. Grieving families don't make the wisest decisions and can easily be swayed by the funeral home employees. I'be been thru that scenario with my parents, aunts and hubby....I've now handled my arrangements.

gregor July 2, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

No service for me, my usable organs are to be donated and just a quick cremation, my ashes are to be scattered in a specific place and everyone is to have a fun filled party afterward. I even have a play list, which I update constantly, for the occasion.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP