A Celebrity With Some Common Sense.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008



Much has been written about Hollywood celebrities who have what I consider to be asinine ideas about how to raise their children, all that 'self-esteem', touchy-feely, Dr. Spock style crap we hear so much about, so it is refreshing to hear this from Reese Witherspoon during an interview on Good Morning America on topics of childhood teasing and how every child is a winner today, no child is a loser!

On teasing:

"Those are sort of formative experiences. I wouldn’t want my children to miss out on any of that teasing and bullying. Don’t you think it kind of makes you who you are — when you don’t make the soccer team ... I was always really short and really underdeveloped and had big Coke bottle glasses. I think that’s where I got a personality from, man. I wouldn’t give any of it back, not a day."


On awards:

"That's the thing that drives me crazy about today: Everybody wins the award, everybody's the MVP? No! They're not, OK? I distinctly recall the two weeks of crying because I didn't make the volleyball team. But it made me interesting, you know?"


Refreshing, in my view. A lot of kids these days are constantly coddled by Mommy and Daddy, schools, child rearing experts, and the like, because for the most part, there is no longer any black and white, right or wrong, winner or loser, only an insipid gray area created by some segments of society who cannot fathom 'damaging' a child 'self-esteem' with the realities of life.

One of the best lessons a child can learn in life, is that life isn't fair, so get over it.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP