How hard is it?

Monday, February 4, 2008



To understand what this means, and why I have one posted of my front door, in clear view?

Before I posted this sign on my front door, I was constantly inundated with people trying to sell me/give me crap I neither wanted or desired. At first, I was very polite when answering the door, telling the kids selling vastly overpriced candy bars for 'youth intervention' programs, vacuum cleaner sales people (yep, got hit with that), Jehovah Witnesses, and the like, "I am sorry, but I am not interested."

So, in order to alleviate this constant and unwanted intrusion, I decided to post a sign similar to this one posted, but to no avail. Yesterday was the final straw. Some 20 something kid came to the door, wanting to sell me crap for some damned drug aversion center that I have never ever fucking heard of, and I asked him:

Me: "Do you see that sign?"

Him: "Yes."

Me: "Do you know or understand what it means?"

Him: "No dude, not really."

Me: "It means that I do not want people coming to my door, interrupting me, trying to sell me crap or give me crap that I do not want."

Him: "So, dude, your saying you won't help (insert youth group name here)________________, who really needs your help?"

Me: "YES, that is exactly what I mean, thank you very much, and please advise your group to strike my address off of your list."

Him: "Umm, yea, sure dude."

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind donating/buying crap from kids. I have numerous neighborhood kids that I buy things from on a case by case basis, namely the Brownie Girl up the street, or the Girl Scout/Boy Scout sister/brother duo over on the other block, or the retarded kid across the park from me. With these kids, I know who they are, and what they are selling, and what it is for, and they also know that if they have stuff I don't want or need, I won't buy it, but if they do have stuff I want or need, I will. Those kids I do not mind, because their solicitation is not discouraged.

It's the idiots I can do without, dude!

3 comments:

gregor February 4, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

When we first moved into Stately Sad Old Goth Manor, we were constantly bothered by solicitors, hawking everything from newspapers to religious tracts. One day I saw a bunch of them working the street, so I put on my ratty old African dashiki, a Luftwaffe helmet, my Ozzy glasses and grabbed my ancient scythe that hangs in our living room and waited for them to knock on the door. Hilarity insued...
The word does get around, they have left us alone for twenty years.

Gothguy February 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Classic Gregor, simply classic!

Melissa "Darla" In Texas February 5, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

Gregor, that is hysterical!
You could always answer the door naked.....

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP