My Old Ship

Saturday, June 7, 2008

I was looking for some video of my ship, the USS Missouri (BB-63), and came across this promotional video that was taken before I deployed.



And a great demonstration of the awesome firepower of battleships...as you can see, the film is taken from a good distance away, but yet the guns are powerful and loud...and my room mate wonders why I have crappy hearing!



A nice clip of the 16 inch guns firing while she is cruising the seas!



And of course, the ultimate thrill of serving on her...

6 comments:

Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

That's great! Thanks for posting Them!

Gothguy June 7, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Thank you!

Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Very nice.

Battleships sure do announce themselves. Shame the old gals were retired.

Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

Pretty darn awesome GG. What does a round of that ammo go for? And LOUD--hell yeah. And that's from a video! Could imagine what it must be like in person.

Really liked the last one with "The Surrender". Now that's what I call excellent foreign policy. Beat the bastards to death. I didn't hear anyone sitting down to "talk" with them first. Freeking Lefty bastards.

Melissa "Darla" In Texas June 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

GG, those are awesome and so are you!

Gothguy June 8, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Thanks MIT:)

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP