The Upcoming Election

Sunday, June 8, 2008

*


I have been thinking a lot about the upcoming election between Barack Obama and John McCain come this November. I have read opinions that there really isn't a difference between the two, so many conservatives are contemplating staying home, and not voting at all, of which I cannot agree with.

I am not writing this in an attempt to change anyone's mind, but rather to present my point of view, and to let the readers know why I will be voting for John McCain versus staying at home on election day.

As much as it pains me to say, we will never see the likes of Ronald Reagan running for the presidency again, because President Reagan was unique, just like you and I are unique. Wishing for another Ronald Reagan simply will not happen in this election cycle...the voters have chosen, and the GOP nominee is John McCain.

Does John McCain have faults and shortcomings that are not consistent with conservatism? Yes, he does, and as a conservative, I will call him out on these throughout the election process and into the presidency, for as a conservative, a citizen, and a voter, it is my God given responsibility to do so, but that being said, I will be voting for him.

From my perspective, the prospect of a Obama presidency, coupled with a democrat controlled house and senate, will spell an unmitigated disaster for this Country. Obama's playbook is old school liberalism, 'New Deal' and 'Great Society' programs wrapped up in new, glittery packaging, adorned in pretty bows of 'hope' and 'change.' From a tax the rich scheme, increases in capital gains taxes, increases in social security taxes, Obama's Christmas list of goodies goes on and on, a list of which we cannot afford.

I will not be writing in a vote for Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson (my original choice for POTUS), Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, or Ron Paul, for in doing so just gives a vote for Obama, for these Gentlemen are not the nominee, and by staying home and not voting is simply just one more way of giving Obama a vote.

I understand the support for McCain at this juncture is somewhat lackluster, but I think we need to be honest with each other, and when push comes to shove, what would be better for America on Inauguration Day, 2009?

President McCain or President Obama...

* Image courtesy of MitchM

5 comments:

Anonymous June 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Perfect Frank, Mitch had a excellent idea.

Anonymous June 10, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Thanks for the credit and as for the post I concur. Ain't gonna like it and I'm sure gonna whine a lot but I will vote for McCain. Hopefully he will pick a good running-mate but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'm one of those people who believe that God gives us the President we need...or at least the one we deserve. Notice how our support of Israel has been wavering? Maybe these candidates are a punishment. Ouch.

MitchM

Gothguy June 10, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Thanks Mitch...credit given where credit is due!

I for one will never waver in my support for Israel.

Not now. Not in the future. Not ever.

Anonymous June 10, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

GG
Ya done good. Very good. It makes all the sense in the world. I've been saying about the same and that for this country the option is no option. I can't even believe how much the Left has changed from the 00 and 04 cycle. They have gotten a lot worse. After the 04 elections Soros was not kidding when he said "WE own the democrats."

All the seedy nasty crap that has gotten through the MSM on Obamamomma is still pushed aside for the whole "Messiah" b.s. There are a LOT of things wrong with this picture.
p.s. Mitch, the poster fits well with Goths post. Great team!

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Here's my link for the new logo stuff

http://www.cafepress.com/mitchms

MitchM

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP