My Thoughts On The Bristol Palin Pregnancy...

Monday, September 1, 2008


is a BIG so what!

I am acutely aware that the leftist libtards will use this to smear, denigrate and cast Gov. Palin as a hypocrite, since she is pro-family, pro-life, a believer in the Christian Faith, and don't you know, if your daughter becomes pregnant, or your son gets a young woman pregnant, and you are the above, you have to be...you must be...a hypocrite.

There is a problem with their stance. One, Bristol Palin is not running for political office. Two, you cannot watch your child 24x7x365. Three, Gov. Palin is not responsible for Bristol getting pregnant, Bristol and her boyfriend are responsible for that. Four, the couple is doing the right thing by not aborting the baby. Five, the couple are getting married.

To the left, Bristol would be far better off if she had aborted the baby, because it's all about 'choice.' Or, if she had chosen not to abort, then at least the government should provide her with food stamps, WIC, a Section 8 housing voucher, and all the medical care the taxpayers must provide, because it's society's responsibility, not Bristol's.

But, much to the chagrin of the left, a little virtue called personal responsibility entered into the picture, which is evidenced by Gov. Palin's statement. See, that is the difference between those on the right and those on the left. For those folks like me on the right, we know people make mistakes, especially young people. But, we also hold them accountable for their mistakes, and rightfully so. In order for a child to grow up into a productive member of society, they must learn that they will be held both accountable and responsibile for their actions.

To the left, the mere idea of personal responsibility is archaic. It is never the individual's fault, it's always the fault of outside sources. I was molested as a child...I was abused as a child...I was bullied as a child...I have/had ADD/ADHD...my school therapist told me it's not my fault...I grew up in a single parent household...I can't make my mortgage payment because of the evil mortgage lenders...and the list goes on and on.

They are a worthless lot, and attacking a pregnant 17 year old girl will fit into their playbook nicely.

3 comments:

Melissa "Darla" In Texas September 1, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

GG, I wonder if they will indeed go after Bristol.
I am thinking that Sarah Palin will be as protective of Bristol as a mother polar bear with her cub and well she has the right to be!
Bristol is not running for office.
This makes Sarah and her family even more human, more real and there is not a thing wrong with that.
MITX

Ted September 1, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

This is a plus. As Mark Steyn points out in his recent best seller, America Alone, if our western civilization is demographically to survive in the increasingly “hostile to the west” islamic world — and not end up like the sinking European populations — these are the precise people (the Bristol Palins’) we should thank for increasing their progeny.

Gothguy September 1, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

The problem is, as I see it if I was a libtard, is exactly how do you go after Bristol?

Every thing they say will come back and bite them in the ass!

Bring it on, libtards...BRING IT ON!

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP