An Open Letter...

Thursday, November 6, 2008



to George Will, Peggy Noonan, David Frum, and the other 'inside the beltway' 'country club' 'blue blood' 'Rockefeller Republicans.'

Have fun on the Georgetown cocktail circuit, or rubbing elbows with the 'cultural elites' in New York and Manhattan, who now simply adore your insightful memes about how the Republican Party needs to change and adapt from conservatism towards moderation and bipartisanship. Bask in their false accolades about your intellectual superiority about what the Republican Party should be in your myopic view.

I shall not.

You see, I am 'Frank the Disabled Veteran', and much like my brethren, 'Joe the Plumber' 'Tito the Builder', 'Sgt. Cook' and others, we understand what true conservative values are, and unlike you, we are willing to stick to our beliefs. We seek neither fame or fortune, nor do we seek the approval of the liberal elites, because quite frankly, we don't want their approval.

I am the conservative you now hold in disdain. I believe in basic conservative principles and core beliefs. I do not believe that being both a fiscal and social conservative is wrong or outdated. I believe in God and Country. I believe in free speech and the right to keep and bear arms. I do not believe that the government has the right to govern my life from cradle to grave. As a matter of fact, this great Country of ours owes me nothing, but I owe it much.

In order to make the Sunday Talk show rounds (and stay popular with them), you felt it necessary to besmirch and denigrate Gov. Palin, much to the consternation of conservatives. Instead of supporting her, you made her life hell through baseless innuendo, and in some circumstances, outright criticism, and in the end, gave the left wing fodder for ridicule.

Thanks, but no thanks. Your idea of conservatism is one I can do without, because it is not true conservatism, but a faux conservatism, much like a fake fur coat...made to look like the real thing, but in reality is far from it.

So, in closing, enjoy your new found friends, and a hearty farewell, your services, much as they were, are no longer needed when we true conservatives again take over.

Please don't call us...we'll call you if you are needed...

And the silence of your phone not ringing will be deafening.

6 comments:

Buzz Bannister November 6, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Bless you Frank...we have to stand tall.

Melissa "Darla" In Texas November 6, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

Frank,
You are absolutely spot on!

gregor November 6, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

you lift me up in the darkest of times, my friend.
bless you.

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Good one Frank, lets hope they take the time to read it. Oh yeah.....Fuck em'

Gothguy November 6, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Thank you all for your kind words. I am sick and tired of the beltway GOPers, hence the reason for my missive.

Bottom line folks is we didn't lose it for them, they lost it for us.

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

Well said.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP