Your Vote, Your Choice.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008




Speculation is that a battle of the titans is brewing for leadership of the Republican National Committee between former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and former Maryland Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele.

Both men are highly qualified for this position, with strong conservatives views, however both men do bring some baggage with them, but between the two, I would have to choose Michael Steele over Newt Gingrich.

My choice of Lt. Gov. Steele over Speaker Gingrich is not one of a lack of respect for Speaker Gingrich was the main architect of the 1994 Republican Revolution and the 'Contract with America', but mainly because he will be seen as another inside the beltway Republican, politics as usual choice. Personally, I think Newt would be great in the role of advisor.

Lt. Gov. Steele brings a fresh face to those who don't follow politics on a regular basis like yours truly does, and will bring a new perspective and message to Americans.

As I have stated in previous posts, we must be a party that brings to the table new ideas (without losing our core values) versus a party that says vote for me because I oppose the other guy.

Your thoughts? If you voted for 'Other', please state who you would like to see as the RNC Chair in the comments section.

Who should head up the RNC?
Michael Steele
Newt Gingrich
Other
  
pollcode.com free polls

3 comments:

MitchM November 11, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Actually it appears they weren't "competing", they were working together and Newt says he has too much on his plate. It's gonna be Steele.

Gothguy November 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Thanks for the update, Mitch. I had heard different earlier when I posted this.

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Either/Or for me. I kind of lean towards Newt only because I'd like Steele available for a run at Congress in 2010.

But as has been mentioned, not a problem now.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP