Hey Kids...Time To Eat!

Friday, February 27, 2009



A simple, yet tasty pork chop. Serve with your favorite side dish and veggies.

Thick Cut Pork Chops (boneless).
Your Favorite Spicy Rub.
Thick Cut Sweet Smoked Bacon (Maple/Apple).
Tooth picks(soaked in water).

Rub the pork chops with your favorite spice rub (I use a smokey chipotle rub) on both sides (use rub sparingly), slightly pierce meat with a fork. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap for no less than an hour. Place in fridge. After an hour or so, take chops out, set aside to take the chill off.

Preheat oven to 425 (F). Once the oven is at correct temperature, unwrap chops, and wrap with bacon, lightly sprinkle with rub, securing bacon with tooth picks:



Place chops on an ungreased teflon 15x10x1 baking pan, or foil line one that is not teflon coated (again, no grease/oil/oil spray).

Depending on the thickness of your chops and your oven, cooking time can vary between 15-25 minutes. I advise checking them periodically so that the bacon does not burn or that the chops do not dry out.

Happy eating:

7 comments:

Melissa "Darla" In Texas February 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Pork on pork.
It just doesn't get any better than that, does it?
OMG!
I am starving!

Gothguy February 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

LOL...no, it doesn't!

DammitWomann February 27, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

And I just happen to have pork chops that I bought last nite. Woo Hoo Definitely will be trying this. My only problem is that we don't do "rubs"...so I'm gonna have to improvise.

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

my mouth is watering!!

Gothguy February 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

DW,

Why no rubs? All they are are spices.

DammitWomann March 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

GothGuy - can you give some spice recommendations? I thought rubs were pre-made marinades. So, a "rub" is just a mixture of herbs and spices - right?

Gothguy March 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

DW,

That is correct. I think you are mixing up rubs with marinades. Rubs are dry spice ingredients that you 'rub' on meats.

As for recommendations...that's a tough one, because I use a local brand most of the time. Most rubs can be found in the spice isle at the grocery store. Word of advice...read the labels, because some have a very high salt content.

Here is the link to the ones I use:

http://jbsfatboy.com/

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP