Before You Have An All American...

Sunday, May 10, 2009



garage sale, you know, that annual summer extravaganza you see on virtually every block in your surrounding neighborhoods, you better check with the Consumer Product Safety Commission , to make sure that 'Tonka Toy' you had as a boy, or that 'Easy Bake Oven' you had as a girl, isn't a potentially harmful or hazardous product for today's youth, because as we all know...IT'S ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

I must ask my fellow Americans, how stupid is this? It is readily apparent to me that each and every single time I turn around, these Nanny Staters need to enact another asinine and ludicrous law to protect me from myself, or ourselves from ourselves. When will it end???

Are we now to turn in our Grandfather's toy soldiers because they were made of lead? Are we now to turn in our Grandmother's dolls, because their hair was made from human hair, all to protect our fellow Americans from potential risk, because the government says so?

You know fellow readers, I am an adult, and I DO NOT need the government to legislate, regulate, every single aspect of my life...I just don't. What I want from the government is so simple...

LEAVE ME ALONE!

2 comments:

DammitWomann May 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

How much more ridiculous and silly can our govenment get?

(probably should NOT have asked that!)

raz0r May 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

Leave you alone? Not until you're six feet int the dirt.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP