Sweet Sweat!

Saturday, May 2, 2009



As a desk jockey, I really enjoy the warmer months, after the lull and boredom of winter, for it gives me the chance to get my hands dirty, once again experiencing the warmth, smell, and feel of the earth within my fingers.

Today, I started my major re-landscaping project in the front yard. A few months ago, I had the yews taken out from in front of the Gothguy Ranch, since they were well beyond their prime and ratty looking. After laying down some compost that a neighbor gave me, I planted two rose trees, a burning bush, and some ornamental grass, and in the backyard, I planted some Dogwood shrubs along the fence line and a lilac bush, and laid down some red cedar mulch.

Although I enjoy landscaping very much, unfortunately, I have to pace myself because of the degenerative disc disease in my lower spine, so a one day project may take me two or three days, or more, especially if I have to dig holes, like I did yesterday.

But, despite that, it is good to have that soak your shirt sweat.

1 comments:

DammitWomann May 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

GG - I love to work in the yard too. I don't have the back problems you do, just a weak lower back issue. Learned to go soak in the jacuzzi tub right afterwards. Nothing like the feeling you get when you look outside and see the beauty of flowers, plants, grasses, etc. I have a swing I sit in outside and enjoy the view and, usually, do a little God Thanking.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP